Saturday 12 January 2013

Chatterbox

Hellooooo dear guests!

I promised that I would be posting pictures of all the Christmas makes I made. 

However......there appears to be a problem with Blogger and all Blogger users (including me!) are unable to post pictures. Apparently it's being sorted and so I'll post pictures and we can proceed with the ArtyLicious ArtFest as soon as possible.  Bummer! 

In the meantime...........


I hope you are all recovered from Christmas and New Year celebrations and festivities.  It all seems like such a long time ago now, doesn't it?  And let's face it, the reality of being back to work, and getting back into the routines kinda blocks out all memory of those happy times over the holidays, when we were soooooooooo relaxed, chilled out on the sofa, watching rubbish on the TV, munching our way through a jynormis tin of Quality Street, ensuring we didn't dehydrate by consuming a bottle of wine or two, or in my case, a gallon or two of Pepsi Max......This process being repeated daily!!!!!  Now of course, the only remaining (and indeed incriminating) evidence of such "happy times" are the extra inches on the waistline, the miraculous and sudden shrinkage of the denims that were a perfect fit at the beginning of December and the readout on the scales with numbers heading northward, numbers you didn't know existed except as measurements of the interstellar distance between stars.  Shocking!

It was a rather mammoth session before Christmas, trying to get things sewn, quilted, drawn, painted, finished, varnished, threaded and ready to wrap!  Of course, some things I had planned to do and had started in advance.  Others came about from a Eureka! moment and sudden and last minute burst of creativity!  Extreme Art right enough!  So after all the flurry and excitement and flying paint, I'm taking a couple of weeks to regenerate (and tidy the mess I made!).

I'm slowly getting back in to the Creativity Mind Zone.  I'm getting ideas and inspiration for new artworks and themes to explore. 

Although it's probably just as well I'm not yet back into full creation mode yet, as I simply do not know how I could possibly portray and convey my absolute horror when I stepped on the scales!!!  Edvard Munch's "Scream" might come close, but given that I'm not as skinny as the wee screaming person in that particular painting, it's definately not me in that picture!  Ha!

I'll be back next week with more Art, Creativity and Chatterboxing!



















2 comments:

  1. I have given you a wee award my lovely! See the blog. lOVE Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you thank you thank you!
      :)
      x

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: