Saturday 1 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 1st December

 
Dear Guest

Welcome to the first instalment of ArtyAdvent. We start the festive proceedings today with a cheerful robin, complete with obligatory stripey socks, created using mixed media.




DID YOU KNOW......

British robins mostly tend to stay in this country, even throughout our not so sunny summers.  Some migrate to southern europe during the winter - mainly the females.  And who would blame them?  They are rarely seen during the summer because they moult during this period and they withdraw from public life.

They eat mostly worms, but apparently they have a rather sweet tooth and, like me, are very partial to a slice or ten of cake! 

Robins are symbols of rebirth and renewal.  Robin tells us to start enjoying life!  So it's no wonder we start the festive proceedings with Robin! 

As for me........I will not be migrating to Spain today, or anywhere else so exotic for that matter.

I will be spending today hunting down the christmas decorations that are packed away in various boxes in amongst god knows what, and gathering together the christmas quilts I made a few years ago.  I'll hopefully find the tree and set to putting it up, along with a few illumitions.  Well, maybe more than a few illuminations.

Apparently I am barred from purchasing any more christmas lights.  The house is ablaze with the things!  Thankfully however, I managed to make a few purchases before said prohibition was instigated, so thankfully there'll be a few more watts added to the lighting situation!  My house is probably visible from outer outer space!  

In the meantime, I wish you all a happy 1st December. 

Be sure to check back tomorrow for the second instalment of Arty Advent!

Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: