Monday 24 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 24th December

CHRISTMAS MAKES AND BAKES.....

Hellooooo ArtyAdventers!  I have been neglecting you!  

Thank you for your kind messages that you sent in the absence of ArtyAdvent.  Fortunately I didn't meet an apocalyptic end on Friday, although there's probably still time yet!  I  did eat far too much cake and mince pies, just in case The End came........and fortunately The End didn't come.

So - where the hell have I been, you ask!  Well........I have been very very busy trying to finish off, and  actually, start from the very beginning and finish, the Christmas gifts I've been making.  O yes, why be prepared when you can leave it all to the last minute and have a whole load of stress.  O yes indeedy, it just wouldn't do to have had everything made gradually, in a more gentile atmosphere, free of stress, a few months ago.  Hell no.  So I've been partaking in some extreme sewing, painting, drawing and quilting.

And I have to say, it's not like you see on the santa films - all the wee elves going into overdrive to get all the christmas toys made!  That's all just made up nonsense.  It's not real. 
I am all the elves.  It's just me! 

But what IS true of course, is that all elfs need fuel to frantically make all these lovely makes!  And so, today's ArtyAdvent is a HUGE slice of cake.  Which I made myself.   



There was a bit more of it earlier.............some of it appears to have disappeared!  I presume so that you could all see better my lovely granny plate!  I do love a lovely granny plate.  They look so good with an almighty chunk of cake on them!

And of course, no ArtyAdvent would be the same without a close-up:



What a splendid continental shelf sized cake this is!  It calls to me.........come eat me..........I'm delicious..............eat me eat me eat me........You can see that I've aleady given in to temptation!  And I can't concentrate on all the extreme and rapid fire sewing and painting and drawing and quilting and so I have to go and eat some more cake.

I hope whatever you do today you get some time to eat some cake and relax.  Even if, like me, it's in between frantic creativity!

I will post pictures of all the makes after Christmas, so as not to spoil the surprises!  There won't be an ArtyAdvent tomorrow but I will be back at the end of the week with pictures of the Christmas Makes for you to see.

I wish you all a very merry, peaceful and joyous christmas, folks.

Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: