Thursday 6 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 6th December

Good morning ArtyAdventers!  Today, for your delectation we have the just-finished Christmas Quilt!  I started this quilt years ago and was doing it a little at a time.  But now, lo and behold, 'tis finished!

 


 
There are 2 blocks used here.  One block is the pinwheel block and this is made by sewing together "mini blocks" of 2 triangles which are sewn to make a square. Four of these mini blocks are made which are then sewn together to make a larger square.  Here's a close up:


The other block is the patchwork squares block which is made up by sewing 4 squares together, and then joining 4 of those blocks together. 

Here's a close up of the squares block:

 
 
 
DID YOU KNOW...
 
This quilt measures 54 by 62 inches - so it's quite big!  There are 224 traingles and 448 squares!!!!!!!!
 
 
And so, Dear Guest, all this talk of maths is starting to affect my 'elf, so I'm going to have to go and have a slice of cake - a LARGE slice of cake - to recover!  And frankly, I'm not caring how many squares or triangles it's made of.  I'm just going to eat it!  Har!
 
I hope you enjoyed today's ArtyAdvent and hope you'll join me tomorrow for some more festive inspired artworks!
 
Wendy










1 comment:

  1. Love it and already looking forward to tomorrow! Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: