Tuesday 11 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 11th December

Hellooooooo fellow ArtyAdventers!  I hope today's ArtyAdvent warms your soul, given the FREEZING temperatures outside!!!!

Today, we have a peice of textile art for you to enjoy.  I painted and quilted a rather lovely winged purple heart! 



The wings are wee mini quilts, with a quilted spirally design and painted over with sparkly paint.  You can see some of the sparkles over on the wing on the right hand side.  The heart is painted a beautiful irridescent purple and is stuffed, so it really sticks out!  The wingspan is about 30cm.

This winged heart represents where I'm at today.  I have wanted to make more art, be more creative and put my art out there for the world (and beyond) to enjoy.  No mean feat and actually quite a scarey thing to do!  Making these ArtyAdvent artworks has given me wings.  And from your feedback and comments, it's having the same effect on you too!  I know that for some of you, ArtyAdvent is one of the highlights of your day.  I am so pleased that it is! 

The more artworks I'm creating, the more ideas and inspiration I'm getting!  I'll admit to giggling with glee when these artworks have been completed, and also when I've posted them on this blog!  I've laughed out loud at some of the ideas I've had.  Sometimes, I'm lost in thoughts for whole chunks of time, thinking about how I can develop an idea or theme or try something else out with the materials.  I've got a wee notebook with me at all times, so I can jot down ideas, inspiration and quick sketches, so I don't forget. 

Creativity is good for the soul!  It gives you wings.  So no matter what you do today, take some time and be creative.  Create your own artwork, doodle or sketch.  Create your own noise - sing, laugh, rant.  I can be VERY creative when ranting - some rather floral language can be used!  HA!  Create your own movement - shimmy on down to the bus stop after work!  Slosh your way through making tonight's dinner.  Just be kinda careful trying to eat, sing and dance all at the same time!  I've tried it. Disaster ensued.  And I STILL can't get the tomato soup stains off my good white shirt.  Although that was maybe SLOPPING, rather than SLOSHING!!! Ha!  Still, in the interests of safety and maintaining a white shirt, probably best to avoid sloshing whilst eating tomato soup!  HAR!

See you tomorrow for some more ArtyAdvent.

Wendy








1 comment:

  1. Love this - the winged heart used to be the Hole emblem - did you know. Other than that I love it and it symbolizes a lot for you just now it sounds! Jxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: