Friday 7 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 7th December

Good morning ArtyAdventers!  I hope you are all still with me and not frozen into icebergs! 

Today we celebrate MERRY GOTHMAS!  Har har.  O yes indeedy.  We have a most gothic christmas tree complete with skulls and purple bows - what ELSE would you decorate a tree with?  This gothic masterpiece was created using inks.  Har!

 



 


I am a huge Tim Burton fan and seen his retrospective exhibition in LA a couple of years ago.  It was absolutley amazing.  As well as artwork, the exhibition included some of the models and sets for his films including Jack Skelington (my favourite!).  Check out his website at www.timburton.com

It's tradition in our house to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas at Christmas! I know it off by heart.  The Oogie Boogie Man song is just splendid!  We seen Frankenweenie at the pictures a few weeks ago and it was brilliant.  Shot in black and white - quite unusual!  But the storyline and visuals were amazing.

I hope you enjoyed today's alternative christmas celebrations!

Join me tomorrow for more ArtyAdvent!

Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: