Sunday 9 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 9th December

Hellooooo ArtyAdventers!  I hope you are well today.  Thank you for following me on this artistic journey through advent so far. 

I hereby admit to a new addiction - snowflakes!!!!  Inspired by last week's ink painting of a snowflake, I am dreaming up new ways to create snowflake artworks.  They are such wondrous, fragile  and temporary creations of nature.   

So today, I present to you Dear ArtyAdventers paper snowflakes!  O yes indeedy. 


The last time I was set loose with paper and scissors to make these wondrous creations was when I was a wee girl.  Probably early primary school.  I have memories of making paper snowflakes in nursery, although admittedly it was about 400 years ago!  Or so it seems. 



I can't tell you how much fun this was!  Tee hee.  I felt like a wee girl again!!!!!  Such a simple idea, such a simple process and yet they look rather good!  Here's the 3 I've made so far.  I say "so far", because I could (and probably will) be making these into infinity!





And mucking about with the arrangement, the lighting and taking close-up pictures with the camera has given some rather stunning results:

 
 
 
 
I have used decent, white paper for these snowflakes. I love the effects of the white paper snowflakes on the white paper background.  Some aspects of the snowflakes look sky blue in the pictures!!!!! 

If I remember right, the paper of choice at school or nursery was tissue paper - not very robust!   And the ultra thin paper mixed with PVA glue was a cocktail that could only end in disaster.  The snowflakes that did survive my hacking away with scissors and my heavy handedness were quite pretty!  Maybe......

Well I for one am well pleased with these snowflakes!  

I hope you enjoyed today's ArtyAdvent.  Thanks to those who have given comments - they have really spurred me on!  Feel free to leave comments on today's ArtyAdvent by clicking on the "no comments" link at the bottom of this post.  

To make sure you don't miss any ArtyAdvent, you can join me by clicking on the icons to the right. 

I hope you'll join me tomorrow for some more ArtyAdvent.   

Thanks for stopping by!

Wendy  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: