Wednesday 12 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 12th December

Helloooooooooo fellow ArtyAdventers.  I hope you are well today. 

I've been wanting to experiment with paper cutting for a while now and reckoned I'd give it a go today.  So, for ArtyAdvent today, we have a paper cut white dove. 

 
 
 
Turned out rather well, I think!  I used a mixture of cutting out and adding on!  Here's some close ups:
 
 
 
This wing was made by cutting out shapes:
 

 
 
This wing was made using 2 layers.  The bottom layer is part of the bird template.  On another peice of paper, I cut out shapes and adding the layer on to the wing:
 
 
 
The texture on the body was created using a mixture of cut out shapes and shapes that were cut and folded back.  This gives a nice effect at the tail:
 
 
 
It's quite big - the dove measures around 32cm.
 
DID YOU KNOW...
 
The dove is very symbolic.  In some religions and cultures, it is believed to represent the Divine.  It is historically associated with peace, joy, hope and purity . In art, the dove symbolised celestial messengers.  In the Mediterranean, the dove represented Mother Goddess, fertility and creation. Some cultures believe that the dove represents the return of the soul to heaven. 
 
I hope this little bird today brings you peace and joy in the spirit of the season.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  And thanks to those who are sending me comments - all of them brimming with kindness and very very lovely. 
 
See you tomorrow for more ArtyAdvent!
 
Wendy
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: