Friday 21 December 2012

ARTYADVENT: 21st December

Well hellooooo ArtyAdventers.

Today marks a very special day.  It is the winter solstice today - the shortest day of the year and longest night of the year.  At 11:11GMT, the sun will be at its furthest point from the earth.

The solstice is also known as yule.  Yuletime celebrates the birth of the Sun God and the rebirth of the sun.  Love, creation and rebirth are significant at this time. 

Today also marks the end of the Mayan long count calendar, which has an apocalyptic end.  Doomsday!



Many believe that there will be devastating earth activity such as earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, major storms.  Some believe that there will be an almighty alien invasion.  Others believe that the enlightened will ascend into heaven.

I guess we'll find out soon enough what, if anything, happens...... 

And so, given that my time here on earth may be finished in just over an hour, I'm away to consume as many cakes, crisps and confections as I can.  O, yes, well, just realised that I do that anyway.  So I guess no, I'm not doing anything unusual to mark The End!

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow for more ArtyAdvent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog. Please provide your comment here: